Even though medical experts cannot still specify the reason why some people become left-handed, a research has found a complex link between our genes and environment.
Of course, experts did not discover any set of “lefty-genes”, but they noticed that the number of left-handed members is higher in the family of a left-handed person.
Additionally, they have found that the writings in the brain are different in left-handed and right-handed people. Since lefties spend their entire life adapting to the right-handed world, they are more independent.
This article reveals 24 fun facts about left-handed people you probably weren’t aware of:
- The word “left” is of Anglo-Saxon origin, from a word “lyft” which meant- broken or weak.
- In most cases- left- handed people use the right brain side.
- 5 to 10 percent of the world population is left-handed.
- They are good at sports, like swimming, boxing, tennis, baseball, etc.
- They can adjust to see underwater more easily than right-handers.
- 6.More than 40 percent of the top world tennis players are left-handed.
- They usually reach puberty later, that is, even 5 months after right-handed people.
- According to statistics, left-handed college graduates are expected to become 26 percent richer than their right- handed colleagues.