Pineapples give a unique taste to cakes, it’s just the perfect dessert. This cake is a must-try, you can serve it with or without the frosting! Check out how it’s made.
You’ll Need (for the cake):
1 cup of white sugar.
½ cup of brown sugar.
1 tsp of baking soda.
2 cups of all purpose flour.
1 (20 ounce) can of crushed pineapple with juice.
1 cup of finely chopped walnuts.
¾ cup of flaked coconut.
1 tsp of cinnamon.
⅛ tsp of nutmeg.
1 tsp of salt.
1 tsp of vanilla.
You’ll Need ( for the frosting):
- 1 (8 ounce package of cream cheese.
- 1 cup of white sugar.
- ⅛ tsp of salt.
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- 1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 9” round pan or 9×13 rectangular pan.
- In a bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together and mix the eggs, vanilla and crushed pineapple with juice until well combined.
- Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- To make the frosting, beat the whipping cream in a small bowl until fluffy and set aside.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the whipped cream and mix to combine.
- Once the cake is cooled, frost it and top with anything of your desire, I used toasted coconut.
- Simple, easy and yummy! I love it when I find easy recipes and yet so delicious like this one. Give it a shot, I’m sure you will like it.