I have recently become obsessed with spaghetti squash, do you love it too? I have realized that you can really cook anything in it, and everything tastes good mixed with spaghetti squash…it’s amazing.
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- non stick spray
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Italian season (or use a mix of oregano, basil, thyme)
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese (I like to shred my own)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1. In a microwave save dish, place your squash halves side by side. Add about 1/4 cup water to the bottom of the dish (water should be covering the bottom, but not more than 1/4 inch high). Place into microwave and cook on high for 9-11 minutes, or until squash is tender** Remove, and set aside for about 10 minutes to cool.
- 2. In a skillet coated with nonstick spray, add red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broccoli and garlic, stirring to combine. Add about 2 TBS water to the skillet, and turn up the heat. Saute for 3-5 more minutes, or until the chopped broccoli is tender. Add mixture to a large bowl, discarding any left over water.
- 3. Using a fork, scrape out the flesh/’spaghetti’ of the squash, and add it to the large bowl with the broccoli mixture. Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning to the mixture, stir to combine.
- 4. Turn your broiler on medium/high. Distribute the mixture back into the squash shells, then sprinkle 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese on top of each squash half. Place shells into an oven safe baking dish/pan.
- 5. Place under broiler, watching carefully. Remove when cheese is bubbling and browned, about 2-3 minutes depending on how close the squash is to the broiler.
- 6. Remove and enjoy!