Winter is coming and no one wants to leave the house! We all want a tasty dinner, but what could you make to get that restaurant feel in the comfort of our own home? Why not make this amazing Mongolian beef dish? This dish is easy to make as well as inexpensive. It uses flank steak which is more cost effective, especially if you have a big family to feed. This dish is going to make you feel like you are out to a fancy dinner without having to get all dressed up! Check out this yummy recipe and try it out tonight!
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 green onions
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Start by slicing your steak into thin pieces. It works best if you slice on a slight angle so they will stay tender.
- Take the strips and put them in a plastic bag. Pour in the corn starch, soy sauce and join sauce, then zip up the bag and spread the marinade around until everything is covered.
- Leave the beef to sit in the bag for ten minutes.
- While it sits, begin to prepare your sauce Add the 2 tbsp of oil to the pan, then mix in your ginger and garlic.
- Add soy sauce and water in, then melt in the brown sugar.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes until it starts to thicken then set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat the cup of vegetable oil over medium heat, then add the beef in and sauté for 30 seconds-1 minute per side. Don’t worry if your beef isn’t completely cooked, it will finish cooking in the next steps.
- Remove the beef from the skillet and drain out all the oil.
- After the oil is drained, add the beef back to the skillet and continue cooking for another minute or so.
- Add the sauce in, letting it simmer for about a minute then add in the green onions and stir it all together.
- Serve your beef over rice for a tasty restaurant quality meal in the comfort of your own home!