I had fun tweaking this recipe for an Autumn Tea my club had. I love crab and so it made sense I would make something from crab to share with my friends
1 c unseasoned Panko bread crumbs
1 c corn, canned
3 small mini red bell pepper
1/4 c green onion stems, finely chopped
16 oz jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
3/4 c Duke’s mayonnaise
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray cups of mini-muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle cups with 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, gently tapping and rotating to coat.
2. Finely chop bell pepper. Blot mixture dry with paper towel. Finely chop onion tops setting aside 1 teaspoon for garnish.
3. Combine corn, bell pepper, remaining onions, crabmeat, 1/2 of the mayonnaise, egg, black pepper, and salt. Mix well but gently to not break up the crabmeat too much. Sprinkle lightly with remaining Panko crumbs.
4. Divide mixture evenly among cups of pan. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pan from oven. Cool in pan 2 minutes and then remove from pan to cooling rack.
5. Meanwhile juice lemon for sauce. Combine juice, cayenne pepper, and remaining mayonnaise and mix well. Brush tops of crab cakes with sauce and top with reserved finely chopped onion tops.