You’ve probably heard that coconut oil is one of the healthiest ingredients on the planet! Yes, they all say that coconut oil is good for you – but, THIS is what they didn’t tell you. Just take a look at the article below and find out more about this.
Ladies and gentlemen, we can easily say that coconut is (almost) everywhere! Yes, we have: coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut shreds, coconut water, coconut milk and cream, coconut flour, and even coconut soy sauce, etc. Did we forget something? Share your thoughts in the comment section below. And now, let’s get back to our subject – coconut oil!
Coconut – Facts You Must Know:
This fruit belongs to the Arecaceae family and the subfamily Cocoideae. According to the nutritionists, the medium-chain saturated fatty acids make up approximately 90% of coconut oil with a slight contribution of mono-unsaturated fatty acids and poly-unsaturated fatty acids.
Medium Chain Fatty Acids – YES/NO?
First of all, ladies and gentlemen, you should know that the medium-chain saturated fatty acids (MCFA’s) are easily digested, absorbed, and utilized by the body, while freely crossing the blood-brain barrier in the unbound form, which means it can be used by the brain as an energy source but also for neurological health. And, in my personal opinion, the best thing about the virgin (unrefined) coconut oil is that it’s affordable, readily available, delicious and completely natural.
The Virgin Coconut Oil Has Powerful:
- Anti-carcinogenic properties – it prevents the spread of cancer cells and enhances the immune system
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Anti-microbial properties – it’s very useful against bacteria, viruses, yeast, fungi, parasites and protozoa
- Antioxidant properties – it will protect you against free-radical formation and damage
- It also improves the nutrient absorption – the coconut oil is easily digestible; makes fat-based vitamins more available to the body – ie. vitamin A, D, E, K
- The coconut oil is nontoxic to humans and animals