- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds bone in chicken thighs, can also use boneless thighs or boneless chicken breasts
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving
- garnish with fresh parsley
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add the butter and melt. Salt and pepper the chicken and add to the skillet. Sear on each side for 1-2 minutes or until nicely brown on each side. Set aside.
- In a 5-6 quart slow cooker add potatoes, garlic, parmesan cheese, parsley, thyme, oregano, and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle in olive oil and mix until coated.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 or until potatoes are tender. Top generously with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh parsley.