Nobody likes bad breath, but if you are like me then you are not a huge fan of the chemicals that are found in toothpaste either. So what do you do?
Oil pulling is simply swishing your choice of high-quality oil in your mouth, the same way you do mouthwash. The best oil in my opinion to use is coconut oil. Coconut oil is the best because it has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. This meaning that it works to kill off any unwanted bacteria that could be living in your mouth.
Oil pulling will remove bacteria from your mouth as well as toxins and parasites. This method works with your body to remineralize your teeth and strengthen your gums. Here’s how to oil pull:
Coconut Oil Pulling
- Coconut oil (pure)
- Your mouth
- A spoon
- Scoop out one full tablespoon of oil and put it into your mouth.
- If it is cold and solid allow it to melt.
- Once it is melted swirl, push, and pull the oil around your teeth and between them.
- Allow the oil to touch every single part of your mouth except your throat of course.
- Do this for anywhere from five to twenty minutes.
- Once this has been done rinse your mouth out with water if need be and spit a bit if you aren’t fond of the taste.