affected by acidity. Our lungs, bones, brain, heart, liver, kidneys, stomach, intestines and skin. Bottom line – if your body is too acidic, then you’re not going to be feeling that great.
After a lifetime of consuming a Standard American Diet (SAD), the body remains in a constant state of acidity. When the body is in a chronic acidic state, precious minerals are removed from vital organs and bones to neutralize the acid and remove it from the body. This is why we are seeing an up-rise in osteoporosis – your bones are literally being leached of the precious minerals needed to protect them (like calcium, sodium, magnesium, and potassium). Once these mineral reserves are completely depleted, there are no more reserves to draw upon, and the body just continues to run more and more acidic – and this is when major disease (like cancer) starts to show up.
Most grains, dairy products, soy, and meats are acidic. Coffee, alcohol, highly processed foods, refined sugar, sugar replacements and GMO oils (and GMO food altogether) are also highly acidic. When we eat (anything for that matter), acidic waste products are generated from the metabolism of these foods. These waste products must be neutralized or excreted – and so this is where alkaline foods come in. They literally neutralize the acids of an unhealthy diet.
So lets get to it – here are 20 signs that your body is too acidic:
– Excess mucus / phlegm
– Chronic Cough
– Chest Pain
– Chronic Fatigue
– Sinus Issues
– Neurological conditions like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and dementia
– Reduced mental clarity
– Cardiovascular damage caused by acidic plaques – increased risk of heart attack and stroke
– Bladder and kidney infections
– Immune deficiency
– Skin issues like eczema, acne, rashes, and dermatitis of all types
– Stomach issues including bloating, indigestion, acid reflex and excess gas
– Candida and yeast infections
– Weight gain and/or obesity
– Sciatica and stiff neck
– Cavities and sensitive gums
– Joint pain and aching muscles