This ooey, gooey delicious Apple Pie Monkey Bread Recipe is to die for. Ya’ll know I love chocolate, and pretty much only chocolate, when it comes to my desserts. But this apple pie monkey bread has changed my mind. I’ve come over to the dark side!
- 2 cans biscuits (8 count, Grands)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 can apple pie filling
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons flour
- optional: 2 cups caramel chips
- For glaze:
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Cut biscuits into quarters.
- Pour apple pie filling into a bowl. Cut apple pieces up into thirds or fourths… basically bite-sized pieces. Add in 6 tablespoons flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 4 tablespoons melted butter, and ½ cup brown sugar. Mix well.
- Dip biscuit pieces into apple pie filling, then place into bundt pan. After half of the biscuits are in the pan, drizzle the mixture with ½ of the remaining butter. Add in ½ cup caramel chips. If you have a lot of apple pie filling left at this point, take about half of it and add it to the top of the biscuits and butter.
- Continue dipping biscuit pieces in the apple pie filling. Place the other half of the biscuits into the bundt pan, drizzle with the other half of the butter, sprinkle in ½ cup caramel chips, and top with remaining apple pie filling mixture.
- Bake for about 35 minutes ON A COOKIE SHEET. Yes, put the bundt pan on a cookie sheet. If not, the butter might boil over and start a fire in your oven. ? Edges will be dark brown and center will be lighter. Just make sure the middle isn’t gooey. It’ll still cook a little after you take it out of the oven.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, but not much longer than that or it will stick to your pan.
- While monkey bread is cooling, melt caramel chips in a bowl (you can add a little coconut oil or butter to help the process along but it’s not necessary) in the microwave. Also, make powdered sugar glaze if you haven’t already.
- Place a large plate over the bundt pan and flip over.
- Serve warm, drizzling with melted caramel chips and powdered sugar glaze.