With slow cooker, this recipe is cooked to its perfection. A delicious dish good for 4.
- 4 lb (2kg) roasting chicken cut into pieces
- 3 celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic cloves chopped
- ¼ cup minced ginger root
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons five spice powder (Chinese)
- Place a steamer basket in a slow cooker.
- Place the onions, celery and gingerroot in the slow cooker.
- Combine five spice powder, soy sauce and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well until combine and form into a paste.
- Rub the paste over chicken.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on low heat.
- Discard the vegetables.
- Serve with rice.