- 1 lb baby potatoes, halved (roughly 3.5 cups)
- 8 small chicken thighs (600g/1.3 lbs)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 300 mL jar of roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed, cut into small pieces (about 1.5 cups)
- ½ a red onion, diced
- 19 oz can of diced tomatoes (including liquids), or sub 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- a pinch of saffron threads
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In the base of a slow cooker combine all ingredients except the balsamic vinegar and peas.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar and peas, cover and cook for 5 minutes before serving.