The thyroid is a large endocrine gland located in your neck/throat area, above your collar bone. This butterfly-shaped organ stimulates metabolism and controls the body’s circulation of calcium levels with the help of the parathyroid gland.
Most people do not pay much attention to this gland until there is a problem. The thyroids hormone production can be thrown out of balance. These imbalances can have a negative effect on the body.
Our thyroid is part of our endocrine system. The endocrine system has a unique delivery system, sending hormones to targeted organs and tissues. Essential oils can be beneficial since they use the same delivery system. There are specific oils that have been shown to support certain organs/glandular functions. Working together with your medical professional, you may consider the benefits of essential oils as well as modern medical treatments.
- Frankincense (boswellia frerena), is steam distilled from the resin collected from the boswellia trees in Oman. Support for the pineal, hypothalamus and pituitary gland can be achieved with frankincense essential oil.
- Sandalwood (santalum album), is steam distilled from the wood of the santalum trees of India. Support for the pineal, hypothalamus and pituitary gland can be achieved with sandalwood essential oil.
- Geranium (pelargonium graveolens), is steam distilled from the leaves of the pelargonium plant, indigenous to China. Geranium essential oil is supportive of the hormone/glandular, and adrenal gland.
- Ylang ylang (cananga odorata), is steam distilled with the flowers of ylang ylang grown in Madagascar. Ylang ylang essential oil is supportive of the hormone/glandular, and adrenal gland.
- Clove (eugenia caryophyllata), is made from the steam distillation of the buds sourced from Madagascar. Clove essential oil is incredible supportive of the thyroid.
- Lemongrass (cymbopogon flexuosus), is steam distilled from the lemongrass leaves of India. Supporting your thyroid with clove essential oil with the addition of lemongrass essential oil is especially beneficial.
- Rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis), is steam distilled from the leaves of the Rosemary indigenous to Morocco. Rosemary is stimulating to the glands and brain function as well as offering support, specifically to the adrenal.
Open Next Page to continue reading...