The Oil that Treats Chickenpox, Psoriasis, Cold Sores, and Much More
Melaleuca oil or tea tree oil, is an essential oil that comes from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia.
This oil contains 92 different compounds and can be yellow or clear.The plant is found in Southeast Queensland and the Northeast coast of New South Wales, Australia. The plant is said to have a fresh smell and can grow to the size of a shrub or tree. Its name “tea tree”, started when Capt. James Cook, infused melaleuca leaves into water to substitute tea, In the 1770’s.
In Australia and in the 1920’s, Arthur Penfold examined many native oils that helped him introduce the tea tree industry to the world. Tea tree has 8 other species that are grown to extract its oil. To this day, Melaleuca alternifolia still remains an important commodity in the market.
It has purifying properties and even the Australian Aborigines would crush the leaves and inhale the oil vapors to promote clear airways for breathing.
The crushed leaves would even be placed on wounds as a bandage to provide cooling relief. Its been discovered too, that melaleuca can benefit the skin and nails, and protect your home from pests. When consumed, melaleuca can strengthen the immune system.
The Magic Tea Tree Oil: Surprising Uses for Tea Tree Oil At Home Topically:
▪ Apply to fingernails and toenails after a shower to keep nails looking healthy.
▪ Add a few drops of tea tree oil to water in a spray bottle to make a surface cleanser to protect against environmental threats.
▪ Make a homemade hand sanitizer. Just mix about 30 drops of tea tree oil with 10 drops of clove oil, lavender oil and 8 ounces of aloe Vera gel. You can mix everything together in a bowl and store in a container.
▪ Clean a Toothbrush. To get rid of the bacteria on your toothbrush, rub a few drops of tea tree oil into your toothbrush at least once per week.
▪Apply 1-2 drops of tea tree oil with a carrier oil (coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil) to irritated skin (example: after shaving).
▪ Adding 1-2 drops to your facial cleanser can help promote a clearer complexion.
•Place 1 drop of tea tree into the palms of your cupped hands, bring hands just under your nose and inhale the oil vapors to promote the feeling of clearer breathing.
•Add 3-4 drops to you diffuser to purify a larger area.