Castor oil has been used for centuries as a natural treatment of fever, colds, constipation, and worms, buts its beneficial properties do not end there.
Apparently, it is an excellent liver detox treatment and effectively removes kidney stones. Castor oil offers various health benefits, as follows in the article.
You can take castor oil orally in order to:
- Boost the immune function: It enhances the lymphatic drainage and stimulates the lymphocyte production.
- Boost blood flow: This oil effectively stimulates circulation and prevents long-term health effects.
- Relieve arthritis symptoms- This oil flushes the lymphatic system, and thus soothes arthritic pain in the joints.
- Digestive health: It acts as a mild laxative, and helps the detoxification of the system, and prevents digestive issues.
- Balance hormones: Since castor oil improves circulation, purifies the blood, regulates hormones, and offers various health benefits.
- Fight fungal infections- Both the oral and topical use of castor oil treat fungal infections. When used externally, apply a few tablespoons of heated castor oil on the affected area.
For oral use, you need to choose high-quality, pure, cold-pressed castor oil. You should not consume it more than a week consecutively. Start with low dosages, and gradually increase them up to a tablespoon for adults and a teaspoon for children.
You can also mix it with milk or juice.
In the case of kidney stones or liver issues, it is best to use castor oil packs. These packs effectively detoxify the liver, break down kidney stones, soothe inflammation, boost blood flow, support uterine and ovarian health, and enhance the lymphatic circulation.
However, note that you should also keep the body properly hydrated and drink plenty of water and freshly-squeezed juices during the detox program.