4. Pumpkin Seeds Can Help with Insomnia
The aforementioned tryptophan, which takes part in the production of serotonin and melatonin in the brain, has critical role in our sleep/wake cycle. Hence, the consumption of pumpkin seeds on a regular basis can help beat insomnia and fall asleep easier.
5. Pumpkin Seeds Can Fight Cancer
Pumpkin seeds contain cucurbitacins, compounds which have been scientifically shown to combat cancer and kill off various types of cancer cells.
Additional Health Benefits
- Antioxidant Support: Alpha-tocopherol, gamma-tocopherol, delta-tocopherol, alpha-tocomonoenol and gamma-tocomonoenol are all forms of vitamin E ( antioxidant) found in pumpkin seeds.
- Mineral Support: Zinc, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, and copper.
- Diabetes: Pumpkin seed oil has been found to improve insulin regulation in diabetic animals as well as to prevent some negative effects of diabetes on kidney function.
- Antimicrobial Benefits: Pumpkin seeds, pumpkin seed extracts, and pumpkin seed oil possess strong antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
Possible Benefits for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH): Studies have found that different nutrients in pumpkin seeds positively affect BPH, including phytosterols, lignans, and zinc.
Read The Rest by clicking the Next > Button below.