Tea is often the first thing we reach for when we aren’t feeling well. While green tea has many benefits, sometimes it’s best to go for a caffeine-free herbal option.
This little recipe isn’t just going to make you feel better as you drink it, it’ll continue to fight the underlying cause of your discomfort, whether it be diabetes, a simple cold or menstrual cramps.
Plus, you probably already have all the ingredients necessary at home!
Honey, Cinnamon And Ginger Tea
- A thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 stick of Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of raw organic honey
- 1 ½ cup of filtered water
You’ll have to:
- Heat the water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- While it heats up, slice the ginger.
- Once your water’s boiling, add the ginger to the saucepan.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add the cinnamon.
- Steep for about 5 minutes.
- Strain into a tall cup of tea bowl.
- Add honey and lemon and stir.
Here are some of the health benefits you get from drinking this honey, cinnamon and ginger tea:
As little as 1 gram of cinnamon per day reduces blood sugar and cholesterol levels in people wit type 2 diabetes (1). The spice is often used to manage the condition and prevent related complications such as heart disease, vision loss, kidney disease, numbness, stroke (2).