I know some of you say, “OH NO NOT FROM SCRATCH”, But believe me, Nothing compares, to Scratch taste. This pudding is such an easy recipe, You’ll wonder why you ever buy a box. This Chocolate Pudding is So creamy and is my all time favorite. Top this Pie with Sweetened Whipped Cream and you have one delicious Pie. My Mom says its from a box of Hersheys Cocoa, I have No clue, But it has been a family favorite for a very long time.
CHOCOLATE PUDDING AND PIE FILLING
MIX ALL DRY INGREDIENTS TOGETHER
1/2 Cup Hershey’s cocoa powder
1 1/8 Cup sugar ( add sparingly, then taste test if you need more add more)
1/3 Cup cornstarch
1 tsp salt
3 Cups milk
3 TBS butter
1 1/2 tsp good vanilla extract
TIP: TOP WITH SWEETENED WHIPPED CREAM
1. In Med saucepan, Mix all dry ingredients, Whisk well.
2. Gradually add Milk to Dry ingredients in Saucepan. whisk til Smooth and well blended.
3. Cook over Med High Heat. Stir Constantly. Mixture will come to a Boil. Boil 1 Min.
4. REMOVE from HEAT. Add Butter and Vanilla. Whisk to Blend.
5. Pour into Serving dishes, or into Cooled Baked 9″ Pie Crust. Cover with Plastic wrap. Cool in refer. 4-6 hrs. Or till firm. Top with Chilled Sweetened Whip Cream. Serves 6-8.