How to make cinnamon oat stuffed apples in a slow cooker
Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
1/2 cup (113 g) Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup (113 g) light brown sugar
1 teaspoon allspice
4 Honeycrisp apples, washed
4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1/4 cup (2 ml) water
Optional: Vanilla or cinnamon ice cream or frozen yogurt
1. In a small bowl, stir together the oats, cinnamon, brown sugar, and allspice. Set aside. Tip: If you like, you can also add chopped pecans and raisins as well.
2. Wash the apples then slice off the tops. Next, carefully remove the core and all the seeds. Tip: You can use a paring knife and a spoon or melon baller to scoop out the remaining seeds.
3. Stuff the apples with the oat mixture then place them in your slow cooker, cut side up.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of butter on top of each apple and our the water into the slow cooker. Tip: Be careful not to spill the water onto the apples. The water will help create steam to cook them gently.
5. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high. When the apples are tender, serve them with ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Food blog Iamahoneybee recommends cooking the apples in apple juice, the liquid will help cook through the apples and make them more savory. If you’re looking for a softer dessert, give this a try.
Enjoy! Watch the video below to see this recipe in action.