The U.S. has recently been plagued by some serious weather systems. This means spiders are likely lurking. While spiders usually reside outdoors, they can become a huge nuisance once they decide to build their webs inside your house, or even worse in your kitchen.
Luckily, there are many home remedies to manage these critters. Keep them at bay with these 10 all-natural spider repellents:
1. Peppermint essential oil, dishwashing liquid. Add 3 cups water, 1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid, and 1 tablespoon peppermint essential oil to a spray bottle. Shake and spray. ehowhome reminds us this formula is a spider repellent, not a spider killer.
2. Cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon around the perimeter of your house to prevent spiders from coming inside, as recommended by Common Sense Homestead.
3. Minty cotton balls. Dip cotton balls in mint essential oil and place them underneath or outside your home, says Common Sense Homestead.
4. Chestnuts. Common Sense Homestead recommends keeping chestnuts on your window sill to deter spiders.
5. Salt water. Common Sense Homestead says salt water is an excellent spider killer. Spray a solution made from 1 gallon of warm water and 1 ounce salt directly onto spiders and spider nests.
6. White vinegar. Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar and water and use the mixture to spray cracks and crannies, says Natural Living Ideas.
7. Citrus peel. Rub citrus peels on baseboards, windowsills, and bookshelves to prevent spiders from coming in the house. Natural Living Ideas says spiders detest citrus with such fervor, even lemon scented furniture polish will do the trick.
8. Cedar hangers. If you find spiders lurking in your closet, switch to cedar hangers, as suggested by Natural Living Ideas.
9. Tobacco. Spiders know to stay away from tobacco. To make an effective spider repellent, Oh Simply suggests mixing tobacco with water and spraying it on home entry points.
10. Coconut oil. It really does cure everything, doesn’t it? Oh Simplysays mixing 1 part coconut oil with 2 parts water can prevent spiders from intruding.
Read The Rest by clicking the Next > Button below.