Herbs possess numerous health benefits and they are mostly beneficial in regulating the hormonal balance. Some of the most beneficial herbs used for hormonal balance include: myrtle, sandalwood, clary sage, lavender, holy basil and thyme.
What does hormonal balance mean? We are taking about:
– Thyroid hormones: thyroxin and triiodothyronine are produced by the thyroid gland, and their function is to regulate the metabolic processes.
– Sleep hormones: sleep hormones, such as: melatonin produced by the pineal gland, may greatly affect the overall health if they are imbalanced. Bad sleep quality can make the human body weak and prone to diseases.
– Adrenal hormones: cortisol, produced by the adrenal glands, aids the metabolic processes and regulates stress levels.
– Reproductive hormones: progesterone and estrogen regulate menstrual cycles, vaginal pH and female fertility.
Testosterone regulates male fertility, libido, bone mass and the production of red blood cells. In fact, men and women have 3 hormones, and any hormonal imbalance may increase the risk of cancer.
The function of the endocrine system is to maintain the hormonal balance. If one of the hormones is out of balance, it may affect the others, thus causing numerous symptoms, including weight gain, pain, fatigue, etc.
SYMPTOMS OF HORMONAL IMABALNCE
Some of the most common symptoms of hormonal imbalance are:
– Low libido
– Weight loss or weight gain
– Irregular menstrual periods or infertility
– Anxiety and depression
– Appetite changes
– Digestive issues
– Hair thinning and hair loss
CAUSES OF HORMONAL IMBALANCE (Next Page)
Open Next Page to continue reading...