2 stick butter
1 1/4 c sugar
1 1/2 c self rising flour
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c milk
1 c sugar
6 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 c boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a 9×13 glass baking dish, melt the two sticks of butter in the oven.
2. Meanwhile in a bowl, mix together the 1 1/4cups of sugar, flour, vanilla and milk. Once the butter is melted pour the batter over the butter, but do not stir.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the cocoa and remaining sugar.
4. Sprinkle cocoa/sugar mixture on top of batter. Do not stir.
5. Pour the 2 cups of boiling water on top of that (don’t stir) and bake for 30-45 minutes. I bake mine until I have a nice golden brown crust. In my oven this usually take about 35 minutes. Serve warm. Great with ice cream
Continue on the Next Page...