Cook time: 1 Hr 15 Min Prep time: 30 Min Serves: a happy family
2 c sugar
2 c vegetable oil
1 orange (squeeze juice save peel for zest)
3 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp nutmeg
3 large granny smith apples peeled and cored and cubed in small pieces
1 c chopped pecans
1 c powdered sugar
1 tsp orange zest
1 dash(es) orange extract (optional)
1 Tbsp milk (depending on how thick you want your glaze)
1. Prepare bundt pan (butter and flour or bakers joys) and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Begin mixing sugar, eggs, oil and orange juice. Then slowly add all of the dry ingredients. Add apples and pecans last. This batter should be very thick and dense.
3. Pour batter in bundt pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 min or until tester comes out clean.
4. Turn cake onto a plate and allow to cool.
5. Mix glaze to the consistency you would like it.
6. Drizzle the cake with the glaze and enjoy!
Open Next Page to continue reading...