Serves: 24 balls
2 1/2 c pecans, toasted and chopped
1 c graham crackers, crushed (vanilla wafers, Oreos can be subbed if you do not like graham crackers)
1 c brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 tsp salt (if you can not handle the sodium, don’t use it!)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 c bourbon, brandy or spiced rum. non alcoholic version: use almond extract, rum extract, or any other that may suit your taste. add a little water/juice to equal the liquid amount.
1 tsp vanilla
7 oz dark chocolate bark. If you prefer white chocolate…go for it!
1 tsp coarse sea salt (optional)
1. Combine first four ingredients in large bowl.
2. Add maple syrup, bourbon, and vanilla.
3. Use your hands to make sure all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Almond extract can be subbed for non-alcohol version… add water to equal liquid amount. You can also try non-alcohol rum flavoring.
4. Form balls by scooping a tablespoon size amount of mixture.
5. Roll in hands to form balls.
6. Place balls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place cookie sheet in the freezer for 2 hrs. Tip: After all balls are made, roll balls again with slightly water damped hands. This will make balls smooth before dipping in chocolate.
7. Melt chocolate bark in a double boiler or microwave per directions on package.
8. Dip frozen balls into chocolate.
Pecan Pie Balls
9. Then place on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
10. Optional: Sprinkle a few grains of coarse sea salt on balls before the chocolate sets.
11. These freeze well. Take out of the freezer and let sit for 15 minutes. They are also good frozen!
Open Next Page to continue reading...