My sweet momma makes the best (and I mean THE best) Chocolate Coca Cola Cake in the world. It’s better than Cracker Barrel’s.
It’s been my favorite dessert since I was a little bitty girl, and I ask for it for every birthday and holiday on the calendar.
It was so good and brought back happy memories.
FOR THE CAKE:
2 cups Cake Flour (I Recommend Swan’s Down)
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Butter
3 Tablespoons (heaping) Baking Cocoa
1 cup Coca Cola
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
½ cups Buttermilk
2 whole Eggs, Beaten
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
FOR THE ICING:
1 cup Butter
6 Tablespoons Baking Cocoa
12 Tablespoons Coca Cola
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 pounds Confectioners Sugar
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift flour and sugar together; set aside.
2. Combine the butter, cocoa, and Coca-Cola in a saucepan and bring to a low boil.
3. Pour the liquid mixture over the flour/sugar mixture. In another bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the buttermilk (careful! It rises quickly! Also, don’t use a metal spoon; it messes up the reaction.) and pour into the mixing bowl with everything else. Blend in the eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
For the icing:
1. Bring to a boil the butter, baking cocoa, and Coca-Cola.
2. Stir in vanilla and confectioner’s sugar, and keep stirring until all the sugar is dissolved.
3. Pour icing over the cake while the cake AND icing are still hot. (The icing will seep into the cake and make your life wonderful!)
Allow iced cake to cool, then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Open Next Page to continue reading...