Remember that time everyone was spiralizing their own vegetables, and it was cool but also super time-consuming, and then Green Giant was like, “hey, guys, we got this!“? Well, here they go again: While mere mortals are still out there pounding their own cauliflower crusts together or emptying their wallets for a super-hip, super-expensive premade version, Green Giant created their own. And it’s $4.99.
The geniuses over at Green Giant have been tinkering away for a year, finding a way to pack their crusts with 80 percent cauliflower – far more than some competitors. The other 20 percent is comprised of rice flour, corn starch, corn meal, corn flour, canola oil, and salt. One serving is a quarter of the whole pie and won’t kill your diet: 1 gram of fat, 16 grams of carbs, 2 grams of sugar (with no added sugar), and 2 grams of fiber.
Alongside the original flavor, Green Giant is launching a Tuscan crust. It’s made with the same ingredients – and a ton of added spices: Garlic Powder, Dried Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Rosemary, Parsley.
It’s all very exciting. Very, very exciting – the veggies, the price point, the convenience. But here’s the thing that’s really fueling our freak out: Green Giant’s crusts are square-shaped. You can make your very own grandma slices at home! And since these aren’t hitting grocery store freezer aisles until fall, you’ve got plenty of time to dream up how you’ll top the cauli crusts.
Read The Rest by clicking the Next > Button below. (Click the >> Next page button below)