Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels
Yield: 24 pinwheels
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, defrosted (such as Pepperidge Farms)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, chopped or torn into pieces
- Sat & pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ ounces Parmesan cheese, freshly & finely grated (I shred mine on the smallest holed side of a box grater)
- 1 ounce crumbled Feta cheese
- On a clean, dry surface sprinkle a small amount of flour to prevent sticking and lay down your sheet of defrosted puff pastry. Using a rolling pin, roll the pastry into a 10”x14” rectangle of even thickness.
- In a large skillet or saute pan, bring the olive oil to medium heat. Add the garlic and allow garlic to cook for about a minute. Add the spinach and stir together. Allow the spinach to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until wilted. Add a couple shakes of your salt & pepper shakers (or to taste). Spread the spinach evenly across the surface of the rolled out puff pastry sheet. Sprinkle the Parmesan and Feta cheeses evenly over top of the spinach, covering the entire surface of the pastry.
- With the longer side of the pastry rectangle facing you, roll the pastry by pushing forward, wrapping the ingredients into a long roll. Once the pastry is completely rolled up into a big “log,” wrap it in parchment paper or cling wrap and place it in the freezer for 30-40 minutes. This will make it easier to cut into circles.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- When you take the pastry roll out of the freezer, use a serrated knife to slice it into 24 even “spirals.” I find the easiest way to do this evenly is to cut the roll in half, then each of those pieces into quarters, then cut each of those pieces into thirds. Place each spiral onto the parchment lined baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve warm.
2 SPs each, 4 per (2 pinwheel) serving
3 poitns+ per (2 pinwheel) serving
110 calories, 9 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 7 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 4 g protein, 1 g fiber