- 3 cups butternut squash cubed into 1/2-inch
- 3 slices Sargento such as Reduced Fat Medium Cheddar cheese
- 5 wedges, The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese can be used
- 5 ounces – about 1 1/2 cups of uncooked high-fiber elbow macaroni
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes + 3 – 4 hours or 7 – 8 hours
1 – Cook pasta very al dente in a large pot, for about half the time shown on the package. Drain carefully.
2 – Combine in a large bowl squash, garlic, cauliflower, and seasonings. Transfer the mixture to a 4-quarter slow cooker.
3 – Combine milk and pasta to the slow cooker while stirring gently. Cook covered on high for about 4 hours or on low for arround 8 hours, until squash is soft and pasta is well cooked.
4 – Put cheese wedges in a medium microwave-safe bowl and stir until smooth. Pour sour cream and cheese slices. Break the slices into small chunks. Introduce into microwave during 40 seconds. Stir thoroughly. Repeat the last process for another 40 seconds, or until cheeses melt.
5 – Keep stirring cheese mixture until homogenous and smooth. Add to the slow cooker contents and stir to coat.
Servings: 5 | 1/5th of recipe (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 255 calories
- 5.5g total fat
- 3g sat fat
- 549mg sodium
- 39g carbs
- 6.5g fiber
- 8.5g sugars
- 13.5g protein
PointsPlus: 6 | SmartPoints: 6