1 1/2 cups coconut cookie bar crumbs,
3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1 (8 oz) bar cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tbsp grated lime peel
Lime peel or strawberries, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a 9 x 9 x 2 inch square pan.
2. Mix cookie crumbs and butter thoroughly with fork. Mix cookie crumbs and butter thoroughly with fork. Press evenly in bottom of pan. Refrigerate while preparing cream cheese mixture.
3. Beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Beat in lime juice and lime peel. Spread over layer in pan.
4. Bake about 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes.
Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 3 hours until chilled.
5. Cut into 6 by 6 rows. Garnish with lime peel or strawberries if desired.
Store covered in refrigerator.
Yield: 36 bars Serving Size: 1 bar
Per serving: Calories 105, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbs 11 g, Fat 6 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g