- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 18.25 ounces spice cake mix (I substituted a yellow cake mix with 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice whisked in)
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- For mini muffins, preheat the oven to 400 F degrees and line 24 mini muffin cups with paper liners or coat them with non-stick spray. (You can also use regular muffin tins for smallish regular muffins.)
- Make the batter in a large bowl by mixing just the two ingredients together, ignoring the instructions on the cake mix. This will take some effort and the mixture will be very very thick!
- Divide the batter evenly among the mini muffin cup tins. Bake at 400 degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 10- 12 minutes for the mini-muffins. Remove and place on wire racks to cool.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving Muffins (1 mini muffin): 90 calories, 1.6 g fat, 18 g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g protein and 2 WW Points Plus, 4 SmartPoints